Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Ethics, Philosophy, and Public Policy
- Political Philosophy
- Decision Theory
- History of modern political thought
- PhD in Philosophy: Queen's University, Ontario (2001)
- 2001-2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, Hoover Chair in Economic and Social Ethics, Université de Louvain, Belgium
- 2002-2004: SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow at McGill University, Montreal
- 2004-2005: Assistant Professor, Département de philosophie, Université du Québec à Montréal
- York University Professor since 2005
- Currently working on a major project on equity and fairness within the architecture of global climate governance under the UNFCCC. Idil Boran attends the meetings of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change as accredited observer.
- Read a paper from this project on the role of climate risk insurance within a just and durable global climate regime here.
- Find out more about Idil Boran's research.
Idil Boran is available to comment on the global climate effort after Paris. Find Idil Boran in York University's expert guide.
Photo credits: UNFCCC photo desk
Portrait photo credit: Lisa Mininni Photography