Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, York University
Associated Researcher at German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik , Bonn - Germany.
- Social and political theory
- Philosophy and public policy
- Global governance; environmental governance
- History of modern political thought
- Author of Political Theory and Global Climate Action: Recasting the Public Sphere forthcoming with Routledge in Fall 2018
- York University professor since 2005
- 2004-2005: Assistant Professor, Département de philosophie, Université du Québec à Montréal
- 2002-2004: SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow at McGill University, Montreal
- 2001-2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, Hoover Chair in Economic and Social Ethics, Université de Louvain, Belgium
- PhD in Philosophy: Queen's University, Ontario (2001)
- Stay tuned: Chapter "On inquiry into climate justice" in Routledge Handbook of Climate Justice (edited by Tahseen Jafry) forthcoming in Fall 2018
- Idil Boran attends the meetings of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change as accredited observer.
- Read a paper by Idil Boran on the role of climate risk insurance within a just and durable global climate regime here.
- Find out more about Idil Boran's research.
Available to comment on the global climate action and policy and UN Climate Change. Find Idil Boran in York University's expert guide.
Photo credits: UNFCCC photo desk
Portrait photo credit: Lisa Mininni Photography